Translated:"Hot Bath", this EVOL and anchovy mixture is from the Piedmont region in Italy. Dip raw vegetables and grissini/breadsticks or a crusty baguette into this dip. Easily made in a small round crockpot. From: Not your mother's slow cooker...
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1/2 cup(s) EVOL
- 1/2 cup(s) butter or EVOL
- 1-4 clove(s) garlic smashed flat but left whole
- 6-10 anchovy fillets to your taste
- 1 teaspoon(s) red wine vinegar
- pinch(s) aleppo pepper or red pepper flakes
- Combine the oil, butter and garlic in slow cooker.
- With mortal and pestle mash the anchovy fillets until a paste forms. Add the oil mixture in the crock and stir until combined. Cover and cook on LOW until the butter is melted and the anchovies are dissolved. About 1-2 hours; handle with care as the oil will be very hot.
- Remove the garlic cloves, especially if they've turned brown, and add the vinegar and aleppo pepper and stir. Arrange the veggies and breadsticks on a platter or in bowls and set the slow cooker in entertaining area keep cooker on low for up to 4 hours.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by BernieRabbit and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note