Steak, chicken, and shrimp all work well with this sauce; use them in any combination. Serve as a quick after-work meal, or as an hors d'oeuvre at your next party. Notes: If you don't have the right-size fondue pot, use another heavy small pan that will sit stably over the heat source. Prep and Cook Time: about 45 minutes.
More From Sunset
- Calories: 543
- Calories from fat: 48%
- Protein: 32g
- Fat: 29g
- Saturated fat: 8.3g
- Carbohydrate: 38g
- Fiber: 3.8g
- Sodium: 616mg
- Cholesterol: 88mg
- About 1 pound cooked tender beef steak such as top sirloin; cooked boned, skinned chicken breast; and/or cooked, peeled, and deveined shrimp (31 to 40 per lb.)
- 6 cups bite-size pieces zucchini, mushrooms, red bell peppers, fresh fennel, and/or drained canned artichoke hearts (choose 3 or 4)
- 1 baguette (8 oz.), thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup minced garlic
- 1 can (2 oz.) anchovies, drained and finely chopped
- 1. Cut steak and chicken across the grain into strips about 1/4 inch thick and about 3 inches long. Arrange meat on a platter.
- 2. Place vegetables and bread in baskets or dishes.
- 3. In a 1- to 1 1/2-quart pan or metal fondue pot over medium heat, melt butter. Add oil, garlic, and anchovies; stir until mixture bubbles. Set pan over a candle or a medium-low alcohol or cannedheat flame. Watch mixture and stir often so garlic doesn't burn; adjust heat as needed.
- 4. Use forks or long skewers to spear chicken, beef, shrimp, or vegetables, and swirl through butter mixture to coat; leave in longer to heat slightly, if desired. Transfer food to individual plates or a slice of baguette to eat. Stir butter mixture occasionally with food on fork.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note