If you don't have a fondue pot, pour the bagna cauda into a small bowl to serve; if it gets too cold, reheat it as necessary in a microwave oven.
More From Sunset
- Calories: 344
- Calories from fat: 94%
- Protein: 3g
- Fat: 36g
- Saturated fat: 8.8g
- Carbohydrate: 4.3g
- Fiber: 1.1g
- Sodium: 366mg
- Cholesterol: 26mg
- 1/4 cup (1/8 lb.) butter
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 can (2 oz.) anchovies, drained and minced
- 3 to 4 cups assorted raw vegetables: red or white Belgian endive leaves, fresh fennel slices, celery sticks, red or yellow bell pepper strips, or zucchini slices
- Baguette slices
- 1. In a 1- to 1 1/2-quart pan over medium heat, melt butter. Add olive oil, garlic, and anchovies; stir until mixture is bubbling.
- 2. Meanwhile, arrange vegetables on a platter and baguette slices in a bowl.
- 3. Pour bagna cauda into a 1 1/2- to 2-cup fondue pot and set over a candle or medium-low alcohol or canned-heat flame (see notes); stir mixture often and adjust heat as needed so garlic doesn't burn. Serve with vegetables and baguette slices.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note