Becky Luigart-Stayner; Lydia DeGaris-Pursell and Jan Gautro
This rice-on-the-outside roll has everything good from a salmon-topped bagel inside. Use the remaining nori to make the nori strips for the Tuna Nigiri.
Yield: 6 servings (serving size: 8 pieces)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 341
- Calories from fat: 23%
- Fat: 7.7g
- Saturated fat: 3.9g
- Monounsaturated fat: 3.8g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.8g
- Protein: 17.1g
- Carbohydrate: 48g
- Fiber: 2.8g
- Cholesterol: 29mg
- Iron: 3.1mg
- Sodium: 769mg
- Calcium: 43mg
- 3 tablespoons chopped green onions
- 9 tablespoons (4 1/2 ounces) block-style light cream cheese
- 1 1/2 teaspoons prepared wasabi
- 6 nori (seaweed) sheets
- 4 1/2 cups cooked Sushi Rice
- 2 cups thinly sliced smoked salmon (about 12 ounces)
- Combine first 3 ingredients. Cut off top quarter of nori sheet along short end. Place nori, shiny side down, on a sushi mat covered with plastic wrap, with long end toward you. Pat 3/4 cup rice over nori with moist hands, leaving a 1-inch border on one long end of nori.
- Gently flip nori sheet. Spread 1 1/2 tablespoons cream cheese mixture along top third of shiny side of nori; top with 1/3 cup salmon.
- Lift edge of nori closest to you; fold over filling. Lift bottom edge of sushi mat; roll toward top edge, pressing firmly on sushi roll. Continue rolling to top edge; press mat to seal sushi roll. Repeat procedure with remaining ingredients. Slice each roll into 8 pieces with a sharp knife.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note