Bacon-Wrapped, Walnut and Spinach-Stuffed Chicken with Apple, Celery and Onion Salad
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 4 ounce(s) walnuts (about 3/4 cup) toasted, cooled and coarsely chopped
- 1 bar(s) Neufchatel cheese or cream cheese Neufchatel cheese or cream cheese
- 10 ounce(s) chopped frozen spinach defrosted and well-drained
- 2 clove(s) galic finely chopped
- salt, pepper and freshly grated nutmeg
- 6 piece(s) boneless, skinless chicken breast breasts butterflied to open them up like a book
- 1/3 pound(s) thinly sliced smoky bacon or speck
- 1/4 tablespoon(s) olive or canola oil divided
- 1/2 cup(s) Feta cheese
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 2 tablespoon(s) white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon(s) dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon(s) honey
- 1 Apple, crisp thinly sliced
- 1/2 head(s) red onion thinly sliced
- 4 spear(s) celery with leafy tops sliced on bias
- 4 cup(s) watercress
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Combine walnuts with soft cheese and or Feta cheese, spinach, garlic, salt, pepper and nutmeg. Season chicken with salt and pepper, and divide cheese mixture among the breasts. Close the chicken breasts over filling. Wrap the chicken with bacon or speck, slightly overlapping the slices.
- Heat a heavy skillet over medium-high heat with 1 tablespoon oil and lightly brown chicken on all sides. Transfer skillet to oven and bake 15-20 minutes to cook through.
- While the chicken is in the oven, whisk up lemon juice, vinegar, Dijon, honey and remaining olive oil. Combine apple, celery, onions and greens with dressing and season with salt and pepper.
- Serve stuffed chicken with salad alongside.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Marcsu and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note