These are fabulous. You may also want to try stuffing the shrimp with horseradish, wrap with bacon and brush with BBQ sauce.......YUMMY!
Bacon-wrapped Shrimp with Basil-Garlic Stuffing
The name says it all. What's better than bacon? Shrimp wrapped in bacon and stuffed with Parmesan cheese, basil, and garlic. Serve these delectable appetizers in soup spoons for over-the-top presentation.
- 1 pound large shrimp
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 16 pieces thinly sliced bacon
- 1/2 cup prepared fruit-based barbecue sauce
- Peel and devein shrimp, leaving tails on. Butterfly shrimp by cutting a slit along the back and gently pressing open.
- Combine basil, Parmesan, and garlic in a small bowl. Place basil mixture evenly in shrimp openings; press shrimp closed.
- Cook bacon over medium heat until partially cooked. Drain on paper towels.
- Wrap each shrimp with 1 slice bacon, and place on greased baking sheet. Brush barbecue sauce over shrimp, and bake at 400° for 8 to 9 minutes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note