BACON WRAPPED SHRIMP
- 20 jumbo/large shrimp peeled and deveined
- 1/4 cup(s) sugar
- 1/4 cup(s) lemon juice
- 3 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 2 tablespoon(s) DAK's ORIGINAL Spice Blend
- 10 strip(s) bacon I prefer peppered bacon
- 1. In a small bowl, combine sugar, lemon juice, olive oil, and DAK's ORIGINAL seasoning blend. Pour 1/4 cup of the marinade in a plastic bag. Add shrimp and seal. Marinate for about one hour. The remaining marinade will be used to coat the bacon and to baste while grilling.
- 2. Heat oven to 400 degrees F. On a broiler pan, place the 10 strips of bacon. Cook at 400 degrees for about 10 minutes. The bacon should be cooked but not crisp. This will ensure that the bacon is cooked fully when grilled without overcooking the shrimp.
- 3. Cut the bacon pieces in half lengthwise.
- 4. Lightly brush the reserved marinade over both sides of the bacon (front and back).
- 5. Remove the shrimp from marinade. Discard the marinade.
- 6. Wrap each piece of bacon around the shrimp. Secure with a toothpick.
- 7. Grill bacon wrapped shrimp over medium heat. I usually use a stainless steel grill pan to put over grill rack to keep the shrimp from sticking or following through the grates. Grill for about 5 minutes, baste and turn the shrimp. Grill for another 5 minutes until shrimp turn pink. If you don't have access to grill, the shrimp can also be broiled.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by daksbistro and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note