I used Morningstar soy bacon to wrap the scallops and made the rest as directed. The sauce is essential - excellent dish!
Bacon-Wrapped Scallops With Orange-Honey Sauce
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 pounds sea scallops
- 12 bacon slices, cut in half
- Orange-Honey Sauce
- Combine first 6 ingredients in a shallow dish or large zip-top plastic bag; add scallops. Cover or seal, and chill 30 minutes. Drain scallops, discarding marinade.
- Place bacon on a rack in a broiler pan; broil 6 inches from heat (with electric oven door partially open) about 2 minutes or until limp. Wrap bacon around scallops, and secure with wooden picks.
- Broil 10 to 15 minutes or until bacon is crisp and scallops are done, turning after 7 minutes. Serve scallops with Orange-Honey Sauce.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note