Easy and delicious. My nephew requests this every time he comes to visit. I do agree with other reviewer though to lower the heat lest the bacon burn.
It's a well-known fact that adding bacon to any dish automatically improves the end result. Serve this 5-ingredient dish for dinner and receive rave reviews.
More From Allyou
- Calories: 423
- Fat: 29g
- Saturated fat: 5g
- Protein: 39g
- Carbohydrate: 1g
- Fiber: 0.0g
- Cholesterol: 134mg
- Sodium: 694mg
- 4 salmon fillets (about 6 oz. each), skin removed
- Salt and pepper
- 4 slices bacon (about 4 oz. total)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 cups loosely packed arugula
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1. Preheat oven to 400ºF. Season salmon with salt and pepper. Wrap each fillet with a slice of bacon; secure with a toothpick. Place a large skillet over high heat until very hot, add 1 Tbsp. oil and heat until just smoking. Add salmon; cook until bacon is crisp, about 3 minutes. Carefully turn salmon over and cook 2 minutes longer. Transfer skillet to oven and roast salmon, 2 minutes for medium or 4 for well done.
- 2. Toss arugula with juice and 1 Tbsp. oil; season with salt and pepper. Divide among 4 plates. Remove toothpicks from salmon, leaving bacon in place. Place salmon on top of arugula. Serve immediately.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note