Easy and delicious. My nephew requests this every time he comes to visit. I do agree with other reviewer though to lower the heat lest the bacon burn.
Photo: Kana Okada; Styling: Lynn Miller
More From Allyou
Amount per serving
- Calories: 423
- Fat: 29g
- Saturated fat: 5g
- Protein: 39g
- Carbohydrate: 1g
- Fiber: 0.0g
- Cholesterol: 134mg
- Sodium: 694mg
- 4 salmon fillets (about 6 oz. each), skin removed
- Salt and pepper
- 4 slices bacon (about 4 oz. total)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 cups loosely packed arugula
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1. Preheat oven to 400ºF. Season salmon with salt and pepper. Wrap each fillet with a slice of bacon; secure with a toothpick. Place a large skillet over high heat until very hot, add 1 Tbsp. oil and heat until just smoking. Add salmon; cook until bacon is crisp, about 3 minutes. Carefully turn salmon over and cook 2 minutes longer. Transfer skillet to oven and roast salmon, 2 minutes for medium or 4 for well done.
- 2. Toss arugula with juice and 1 Tbsp. oil; season with salt and pepper. Divide among 4 plates. Remove toothpicks from salmon, leaving bacon in place. Place salmon on top of arugula. Serve immediately.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes