Bacon wraped potatoes are genius! Dip leaves something to be desired
Bacon-Wrapped Potatoes with Queso Blanco Dip
Photo: Iain Bagwell; Styling: Heather Chadduck
More From Southern Living
Total: 1 Hour, 30 Minutes
- 2 medium-size red potatoes, cut into 8 wedges each
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 16 center-cut bacon slices
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup diced red onion
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 12 ounces queso blanco pasteurized prepared cheese product, cubed
- 1 (8-oz.) block pepper Jack cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup half-and-half
- 1 (4-oz.) can chopped green chiles
- 1 plum tomato, seeded and diced
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1. Place a lightly greased wire rack in an aluminum foil-lined 15- x 10-inch jelly-roll pan.
- 2. Preheat oven to 425°. Sprinkle potato wedges with salt. Wrap each with 1 bacon slice. Arrange potato wedges in a single layer in prepared pan. Sprinkle with pepper.
- 3. Bake at 425° for 40 to 45 minutes or until bacon is crisp and browned.
- 4. Meanwhile, sauté onion in hot oil in a small nonstick skillet over medium-high heat 5 minutes or until tender. Add garlic, and sauté 1 minute. Remove from heat.
- 5. Combine queso blanco, next 3 ingredients, and onion mixture in a large microwave-safe glass bowl. Microwave at HIGH 2 1/2 minutes; stir and microwave 2 1/2 more minutes or until cheese is melted and mixture is smooth, stirring at 1-minute intervals.
- 6. Stir diced tomato and cilantro into queso blanco mixture. Serve dip with potato wedges.
- Note: We tested with Velveeta Queso Blanco for prepared cheese product.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Appetizers