This is a very easy recipe that turns out just delicious! The bacon was our favorite part but you can't go wrong with grilled bacon. My husband, who is very picky, even liked the salsa. Will make this again!
Bacon-Wrapped Pork Medallions With Tomato-Corn Salsa
More From Southern Living
Chill: 2 Hours
Grill: 45 Minutes
Stand: 10 Minutes
- 3 (3/4-lb.) pork tenderloins
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon white balsamic vinegar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ancho chili powder
- 1 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
- 8 thick-cut bacon slices
- Tomato-Corn Salsa
- 1. Cut pork into 8 (3-inch-thick) slices. Place meat, cut sides up, between 2 sheets of heavy-duty plastic wrap, and flatten to 2-inch thickness, using a rolling pin or flat side of a meat mallet.
- 2. Whisk together olive oil and next 3 ingredients. Rub mixture evenly over pork; cover and chill 2 hours.
- 3. Microwave bacon at HIGH 2 minutes or until bacon is partially cooked. Wrap sides of each pork slice with 1 bacon slice, and secure with a wooden pick.
- 4. Light 1 side of grill, heating to medium-high heat (350° to 400°); leave other side unlit. Arrange pork over lit side; grill, covered with grill lid, 5 minutes on each side. Move pork to unlit side; grill, covered with grill lid, 30 to 35 minutes or until a meat thermometer registers 160°. Let stand 10 minutes. Serve with Tomato-Corn Salsa.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note