Bacon Wrapped Meatloaf
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 6 slice(s) White Bread
- 1 cup milk
- 6 bread slices
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 cup grated Parmesan
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon seasoned salt, such as Lawry's
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup minced flat-leaf parsley
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 8 to 12 thin bacon slices
- Tomato Sauce:
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 6 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- Dash or 2 hot sauce (more if you like)
- Dash or 2 Worcestershire sauce
- For the meatloaf: Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Pour the milk over the bread and allow it to soak in for several minutes. Place the ground beef, milk-soaked bread, Parmesan, salt, some pepper, seasoned salt and parsley in a large mixing bowl. Pour in the eggs. With clean hands, mix the ingredients until well combined.
- Form the mixture into a loaf shape on a foil-lined broiler pan, which will allow the fat from the meat to drain.
- Lay the bacon slices over the top, tucking them underneath the meatloaf to give the meatloaf some support.
- Next, make the tomato sauce: Pour the ketchup into a bowl. Add the brown sugar and dry mustard, and splash in the hot sauce and Worcestershire sauce. Stir the mixture until well combined. Pour one-third of the sauce over the top of the meatloaf.
- Bake for 45 minutes, and then pour over another one-third of the remaining tomato sauce over the meatloaf. Bake for an additional 20 to 25 minutes; the meatloaf should be no longer pink in the middle. Allow to sit 10 minutes before serving.
- Serve with the remaining tomato sauce on the side as a dipping sauce.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by CherylB61 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Bacon Wrapped Meatloaf Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes