Bacon-Wrapped Meat Loaf
Stand: 10 Minutes
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoon(s) canola oil
- 1/2 cup(s) 2% milk
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 teaspoon(s) Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoon(s) Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) hot pepper sauce
- 2/3 cup(s) crushed saltines
- 1/3 cup(s) minced fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) dried thyme
- 1 pound(s) ground beef
- 1/2 pound(s) ground pork
- 1/2 pound(s) ground veal
- 9 bacon strips
- 1/2 cup(s) ketchup
- 1/4 cup(s) packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup(s) cider vingar
- • In a small skillet, saute onion and garlic in oil for 4-5 minutes or until tender.
- • Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the milk, eggs, Worcestershire sauce, Dijon, pepper sauce, saltines, parsley and seasonings; stir in onion mixture. Crumble meats over mixture and mix well. With wet hands, shape into a loaf and place in a greased foil-lined 13-in.x 9-in. baking dish.
- • In a small saucepan, combine the sauce ingredients; cook and stir until the sugar is dissolved and sauce has thickened. Spoon some sauce over loaf; place bacon over top.
- • Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 50-55 minutes or until no pink remains and a meat thermometer reads 165°. Let stand for 10 minutes. Reheat remaining sauce; serve with meat loaf.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psfreeman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note