Bacon-Wrapped Fried Chicken With White Barbecue Sauce
For incredibly indulgent fried chicken, wrap the uncooked chicken breasts in bacon and fry in hot oil until golden brown. Serve with white barbecue sauce.
More From Southern Living
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons barbecue seasoning
- 4 PILGRIM'S PRIDE Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts
- 4 bacon slices
- 1 cup Japanese breadcrumbs (panko)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1. Stir together first 3 ingredients in a small bowl. Set aside.
- 2. Rub barbecue seasoning evenly onto each chicken breast. Wrap 1 bacon slice around 1 seasoned chicken breast, stretching bacon, as necessary, to cover most of surface of chicken; slightly flatten each breast with palm of hand. Secure bacon with a wooden pick. Firmly press chicken in breadcrumbs in a large shallow bowl. Repeat procedure with remaining chicken, bacon, and breadcrumbs.
- 3. Melt butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Cook chicken in skillet 4 to 5 minutes on each side or until deep golden brown and done. Remove from skillet, and let cool slightly. Remove wooden picks before serving, and serve with mayonnaise mixture.
- Note: For testing purposes only, we used McCormick Grill Mates Barbecue Seasoning.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note