Bacon Wrapped Dates stuffed with Manchego
Community Recipe from
- 1 block(s) manchego cheese
- 15 Medjool pitted dates
- 1 pound aged Manchego, cut into 15 blocks
- 5 slices bacon, cut into thirds
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Make an incision on one side of each date and insert a block of Manchego. Squeeze the date shut in your hand to secure. Wrap each date with a bacon strip and secure with a toothpick. Place all the dates on a sheet tray lined with a silicone mat or parchment paper. Roast the dates in the oven until the bacon on top is starting to crisp, 5 to 6 minutes. Turn the dates over and cook the other side until the bacon crisps.
- Remove the dates from the oven and brush both sides with maple syrup. Return the dates to the oven until they are really crackly and sticky, 1 to 2 minutes. Serve hot.
- Read more at: http://www.foodnetwork.com/food/cda/recipe_print/0,1946,FOOD_9936_528658_RECIPE-PRINT-FULL-PAGE-FORMATTER,00.html?oc=linkback
This recipe is a personal recipe added by StephCandler and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Bacon Wrapped Dates stuffed with Manchego Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Appetizers