Bacon-Wrapped Chicken (green chilies)
Spread chicken breasts with a creamy filling, roll them up, wrap them in bacon and bake. For a spicier version, try using sliced jalapeno peppers instead of green chilies. From LaDonna Reed: Ponca City, Oklahoma. Recipe published in Cooking for 2 Winter 2005.
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 4 bacon strips
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) seasoned salt, optional
- 1/4 cup(s) canned chopped green chilies
- 1 1/2 ounce(s) cream cheese (softened or cubed), softened
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- • In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until partially cooked but not crisp; drain on paper towels. Flatten chicken to 1/4-in. thickness. Sprinkle with seasoned salt if desired.
- • In a small bowl, combine the chilies, cream cheese and garlic. Spread over one side of each chicken breast. Roll up and tuck ends in. Wrap each with two bacon strips; secure with toothpicks.
- • Place in an 8-in. square baking dish coated with cooking spray. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 30-35 minutes or until chicken juices run clear. Discard toothpicks.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psfreeman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note