Bacon-Wrapped Chicken with Basil Lima Beans
Photo: Hector Sanchez; Styling: Buffy Hargett Miller
More From Southern Living
Total: 50 Minutes
- 2 (1-oz.) packages fresh basil
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt, divided
- 1 (9-oz.) package frozen steam-in-bag baby lima beans (such as Green Giant)
- 8 thick hickory-smoked bacon slices
- 4 skinned and boned chicken breasts
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup thinly sliced celery (ribs and leaves)
- 1/3 cup loosely packed fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1. Preheat oven to 425°. Process first 4 ingredients and 1 tsp. salt in a blender until smooth. Cook limas according to package directions; cool 5 minutes.
- 2. Microwave bacon in a single layer between paper towels on a plate 2 minutes or until heated through but still limp. (Do not fully cook.)
- 3. Sprinkle chicken with pepper and remaining 1/2 tsp. salt. Wrap each breast with 2 pieces of bacon. Cook chicken in 2 Tbsp. hot oil in an ovenproof skillet over medium heat 5 minutes or until bacon begins to brown. Turn chicken.
- 4. Bake chicken, in skillet, at 425° for 20 minutes or until done. Let stand 5 minutes; thinly slice.
- 5. Stir together celery, next 2 ingredients, limas, and half of dressing. Serve chicken with lima bean mixture and remaining dressing.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes