Wow! I love the flavor combinations in this delicious recipe. Very fresh with the onion and basil, smoky goodness with the bacon.
Bacon-Wrapped Chicken with Basil Lima Beans
Photo: Hector Sanchez; Styling: Buffy Hargett Miller
More From Southern Living
Total: 50 Minutes
- 2 (1-oz.) packages fresh basil
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt, divided
- 1 (9-oz.) package frozen steam-in-bag baby lima beans (such as Green Giant)
- 8 thick hickory-smoked bacon slices
- 4 skinned and boned chicken breasts
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup thinly sliced celery (ribs and leaves)
- 1/3 cup loosely packed fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1. Preheat oven to 425°. Process first 4 ingredients and 1 tsp. salt in a blender until smooth. Cook limas according to package directions; cool 5 minutes.
- 2. Microwave bacon in a single layer between paper towels on a plate 2 minutes or until heated through but still limp. (Do not fully cook.)
- 3. Sprinkle chicken with pepper and remaining 1/2 tsp. salt. Wrap each breast with 2 pieces of bacon. Cook chicken in 2 Tbsp. hot oil in an ovenproof skillet over medium heat 5 minutes or until bacon begins to brown. Turn chicken.
- 4. Bake chicken, in skillet, at 425° for 20 minutes or until done. Let stand 5 minutes; thinly slice.
- 5. Stir together celery, next 2 ingredients, limas, and half of dressing. Serve chicken with lima bean mixture and remaining dressing.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note