This look like a difficult recipe but anything with bacon on it must be good
Bacon-Wrapped Bourbon Figs
Photo: Iain Bagwell; Styling: Heather Chadduck
More From Southern Living
Total: 55 Minutes
- 12 dried Calimyrna figs
- 1/4 cup bourbon
- 1 (2- to 4-oz.) wedge Gorgonzola cheese, cut into 24 pieces
- 24 pecan halves, toasted
- 12 fully-cooked bacon slices, cut in half crosswise
- Wooden picks
- 1. Combine first 2 ingredients and 1 1/2 cups water in a medium saucepan. Cook, covered, over low heat 15 to 20 minutes or until figs are plump and softened. Remove from heat; cool slightly (about 15 minutes). Drain figs; gently pat dry with paper towels.
- 2. Preheat oven to 350°. Cut figs in half lengthwise. Place 1 cheese piece and 1 pecan half on cut side of each fig half. Wrap 1 bacon piece around each fig, and secure with a wooden pick. Place on a wire rack in a 15- x 10-inch jelly-roll pan.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 6 to 8 minutes or until bacon is crisp and browned.
- Note: We tested with Oscar Mayer Fully Cooked Bacon.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This