Chicken and bacon are threaded ribbon-style on these fun skewers. Serve them with extra barbecue sauce for dipping.
Southern Living OCTOBER 2008
1. Whisk together first 3 ingredients in a large shallow dish or zip-top plastic freezer bag; add chicken, turning to coat. Cover or seal, and chill 1 hour, turning once.
2. Meanwhile, soak wooden skewers in water 30 minutes.
3. Preheat grill to 350° to 400° (medium-high). Microwave bacon, in 2 batches, on a microwave-safe plate at HIGH 1 minute. Let cool 5 minutes.
4. Remove chicken from marinade, discarding marinade. Place 1 bacon piece on top of each chicken tender; thread 1 bacon-topped chicken tender onto each skewer.
5. Grill kabobs, covered with grill lid, over 350° to 400° (medium-high) heat 5 to 6 minutes on each side or until done.
Go to full version of