These waffles were very dense. The added bacon was nice, but will look for a lighter waffle recipe to add the bacon to.
Mix crumbled cooked bacon in a homemade waffle batter for a unique breakfast treat that the whole family is sure to love.
Yield: 8 medium waffles
Cost per Serving: $.39
More From Allyou
Amount per serving
- Calories: 229
- Fat: 10g
- Saturated fat: 4g
- Protein: 8g
- Carbohydrate: 27g
- Fiber: 1g
- Cholesterol: 75mg
- Sodium: 554mg
- 1/2 pound sliced bacon
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- Maple syrup, for serving
- Cook bacon until crisp. Drain and then coarsely crumble.
- Plug in an electric waffle iron to preheat.
- Meanwhile, combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in a large bowl; whisk together to blend.
- Pour milk in a glass measuring cup and microwave for 1 minute at full power to heat slightly. Pour into medium bowl; whisk in melted butter and eggs. Add liquid ingredients to flour mixture, whisking just until blended.
- Grease waffle iron with cooking spray. Spread about 1/3 cup batter over each iron (or appropriate amount according to manufacturer's directions) and sprinkle 1/8 of bacon on top. Close waffle iron and cook until done. Repeat with remaining batter and bacon. Serve with warm syrup if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Breakfast/Brunch