Imagine my surprise to see my own recipe posted here! This was a contest winning recipe I submitted to Simple & Delicious. If you are not a fan of rosemary, leave it out, but it really makes the quiche distinctive and flavorful.
Bacon Vegetable Quiche
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 9-inch unbaked pastry shell
- 2 cup(s) fresh baby spinach
- 1 cup(s) sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 cup(s) chopped fresh broccoli
- 3/4 cup(s) chopped sweet onion
- 2 1/2 teaspoon(s) olive oil
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 5-ounce can(s) evaporated milk
- 1 tablespoon(s) minced fresh rosemary or 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) pepper
- 1 cup(s) (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 6 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 cup(s) crumbled tomato and basil feta cheese
- • Line unpricked pastry shell with a double thickness of heavy-duty foil. Bake at 450° for 8 minutes. Remove foil; bake 5 minutes longer.
- • Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute the spinach, mushrooms, broccoli and onion in oil until tender. In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, milk, rosemary, salt and pepper.
- • Using a slotted spoon, transfer vegetables to egg mixture. Stir in cheddar cheese and bacon. Pour into crust. Sprinkle with feta cheese.
- • Cover edges loosely with foil. Bake at 375° for 30-35 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand for 5 minutes before cutting.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psfreeman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note