Imagine my surprise to see my own recipe posted here! This was a contest winning recipe I submitted to Simple & Delicious. If you are not a fan of rosemary, leave it out, but it really makes the quiche distinctive and flavorful.
Bacon Vegetable Quiche
- 1 9-inch unbaked pastry shell
- 2 cup(s) fresh baby spinach
- 1 cup(s) sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 cup(s) chopped fresh broccoli
- 3/4 cup(s) chopped sweet onion
- 2 1/2 teaspoon(s) olive oil
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 5-ounce can(s) evaporated milk
- 1 tablespoon(s) minced fresh rosemary or 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) pepper
- 1 cup(s) (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 6 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 cup(s) crumbled tomato and basil feta cheese
- • Line unpricked pastry shell with a double thickness of heavy-duty foil. Bake at 450° for 8 minutes. Remove foil; bake 5 minutes longer.
- • Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute the spinach, mushrooms, broccoli and onion in oil until tender. In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, milk, rosemary, salt and pepper.
- • Using a slotted spoon, transfer vegetables to egg mixture. Stir in cheddar cheese and bacon. Pour into crust. Sprinkle with feta cheese.
- • Cover edges loosely with foil. Bake at 375° for 30-35 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand for 5 minutes before cutting.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psfreeman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note