Bacon-Topped Grilled Cheese
This robust revision of an all-American lunch classic gets heartiness from bacon and extra flavor from onion, sour cream and oregano. From Nita Crosby: St. George, Utah. Recipe published in Quick Cooking May/June 2004.
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 8 slice(s) sourdough bread
- 4 slice(s) part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 2 large tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 8 bacon strips, cooked
- 4 tablespoon(s) sour cream
- 4 tablespoon(s) finely chopped onion
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) dried oregano
- 4 slice(s) cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoon(s) butter, softened
- • Place mozzarella cheese on four bread slices; layer each with a fourth of the tomato slices, two bacon strips, 1 tablespoon sour cream, 1 tablespoon onion, a pinch of oregano, one slice of cheddar cheese. Top with remaining bread.
- • Butter outsides of sandwiches. In a small skillet over medium heat, toast sandwiches for 3-4 minutes on each side or until cheese is melted.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psfreeman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note