Bacon and Tomato Pasta Salad
More From Allyou
Amount per serving
- Calories: 548
- Fat: 22g
- Saturated fat: 6g
- Protein: 19g
- Carbohydrate: 72g
- Fiber: 6g
- Cholesterol: 23mg
- Sodium: 356mg
- 1 pound orecchiette pasta
- 1 (1 lb.) package smoked bacon, cut crosswise into 1/2-inch slices
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 ears fresh corn, kernels removed from ears, or 1 (1 lb.) package frozen corn, thawed
- 2 (10 oz.) packages grape tomatoes, halved lengthwise
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- Salt and pepper
- 3/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook pasta, stirring occasionally, until al dente, about 10 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- Meanwhile, place bacon in a large skillet over medium-high heat and cook until crisp and browned, about 12 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, transfer bacon to paper towels to drain.
- Discard all but 2 Tbsp. bacon fat and reduce heat to medium. Add olive oil. When it's hot, add corn and cook for 3 to 4 minutes (1 to 2 minutes if corn was frozen). Add tomatoes and cook until just softened, 1 to 2 minutes. Stir in vinegar. Remove from heat.
- Return pasta to large pot and add bacon and vegetables. Season with salt and pepper. Toss gently to combine. Warm over mediumlow heat for 2 minutes. Toss with basil just before serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes