- 1 pound orecchiette pasta
- 1 (1 lb.) package smoked bacon, cut crosswise into 1/2-inch slices
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 ears fresh corn, kernels removed from ears, or 1 (1 lb.) package frozen corn, thawed
- 2 (10 oz.) packages grape tomatoes, halved lengthwise
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- Salt and pepper
- 3/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- calories 548
- fat 22 g
- satfat 6 g
- protein 19 g
- carbohydrate 72 g
- fiber 6 g
- cholesterol 23 mg
- sodium 356 mg
How to Make It
In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook pasta, stirring occasionally, until al dente, about 10 minutes. Drain and set aside.
Meanwhile, place bacon in a large skillet over medium-high heat and cook until crisp and browned, about 12 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, transfer bacon to paper towels to drain.
Discard all but 2 Tbsp. bacon fat and reduce heat to medium. Add olive oil. When it's hot, add corn and cook for 3 to 4 minutes (1 to 2 minutes if corn was frozen). Add tomatoes and cook until just softened, 1 to 2 minutes. Stir in vinegar. Remove from heat.
Return pasta to large pot and add bacon and vegetables. Season with salt and pepper. Toss gently to combine. Warm over mediumlow heat for 2 minutes. Toss with basil just before serving.