- PAM Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1/2 pkg (1 lb each) bacon
- 1 bunch green onions, sliced (6-8 onions = about 1 cup)
- 2 cups cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 can (14.5 oz each) Hunt's Diced Tomatoes with Roasted Garlic, drained
- 8 slices white bread, lightly toasted
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese (1 1/2 cups = 6 oz)
- 3 eggs
- 1 can (12 oz each) evaporated milk
- 1 tablespoon Gulden's Spicy Brown Mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
How to Make It
Hands On: 20 minutes
Total: 55 minutes
Preheat oven to 350F. Spray 8- x 8-inch baking dish with cooking spray; set aside. Cook bacon in large skillet over medium heat until crisp. Remove bacon from skillet, reserving 2 tablespoons of the drippings in skillet. Drain bacon on paper towels; set aside. Add onions and mushrooms to drippings in skillet; cook and stir 5 minutes, or until onions are crisp-tender. Crumble bacon. Add to vegetable mixture in skillet along with the diced tomatoes; mix well.
Layer 4 slices of bread, half of the vegetable mixture and 3/4 cup of the cheese in prepared dish. Repeat layers. Beat eggs, milk, mustard, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper in medium bowl with wire whisk until well blended. Pour evenly over ingredients in dish; press bread gently into egg mixture. Let stand 10 minutes.
Bake 30 to 35 minutes, or until knife inserted in center comes out clean. Cut into 6 pieces to serve.