really easy to make, and really delicious
Bacon, Tomato, and Arugula Pizza
Instead of having an arugula salad on the side, put it on top of your pizza for fresh flavor that pairs perfectly with the tomato and applewood-smoked bacon pizza toppings.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 314
- Fat: 9.1g
- Saturated fat: 4.5g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2.1g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 2.1g
- Protein: 13.5g
- Carbohydrate: 50.2g
- Fiber: 2.1g
- Cholesterol: 17mg
- Iron: 2.5mg
- Sodium: 770mg
- Calcium: 124mg
- 1 pound refrigerated fresh pizza dough
- Cooking spray
- 5 applewood-smoked bacon slices
- 2 cups grape tomatoes, halved lengthwise
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 tablespoon yellow cornmeal
- 1/2 cup lower-sodium marinara sauce (such as McCutcheon's)
- 3/4 cup (3 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup baby arugula
- 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon white wine vinegar
- 1. Preheat oven to 450°.
- 2. Place dough in a bowl coated with cooking spray; let dough stand, covered, for 15 minutes.
- 3. Cook bacon in a skillet over medium heat until crisp. Remove bacon; crumble. Add tomatoes and pepper to drippings in pan; cook 2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 4. Sprinkle a baking sheet with cornmeal; roll dough into a 12-inch circle on prepared baking sheet. Spread sauce evenly over dough, leaving a 1/2-inch border. Top with tomatoes and bacon. Sprinkle cheese over top. Bake at 450° on bottom oven rack for 17 minutes or until crust is golden. Combine arugula and remaining ingredients; top pizza with arugula mixture.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note