Made my own dough, and it came out just like the picture. Tasted even better. http://allrecipes.com/recipe/quick-and-easy-pizza-crust/detail.aspx
Bacon, Tomato, and Arugula Pizza
Photo: John Autry and Randy Mayor; Styling: Leigh Ann Ross
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 314
- Fat: 9.1g
- Saturated fat: 4.5g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2.1g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 2.1g
- Protein: 13.5g
- Carbohydrate: 50.2g
- Fiber: 2.1g
- Cholesterol: 17mg
- Iron: 2.5mg
- Sodium: 770mg
- Calcium: 124mg
- 1 pound refrigerated fresh pizza dough
- Cooking spray
- 5 applewood-smoked bacon slices
- 2 cups grape tomatoes, halved lengthwise
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 tablespoon yellow cornmeal
- 1/2 cup lower-sodium marinara sauce (such as McCutcheon's)
- 3/4 cup (3 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup baby arugula
- 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon white wine vinegar
- 1. Preheat oven to 450°.
- 2. Place dough in a bowl coated with cooking spray; let dough stand, covered, for 15 minutes.
- 3. Cook bacon in a skillet over medium heat until crisp. Remove bacon; crumble. Add tomatoes and pepper to drippings in pan; cook 2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 4. Sprinkle a baking sheet with cornmeal; roll dough into a 12-inch circle on prepared baking sheet. Spread sauce evenly over dough, leaving a 1/2-inch border. Top with tomatoes and bacon. Sprinkle cheese over top. Bake at 450° on bottom oven rack for 17 minutes or until crust is golden. Combine arugula and remaining ingredients; top pizza with arugula mixture.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note