Bacon Spinach Strata
This make-ahead breakfast dish is full of flavor, fast and filling. From Kris Kebisek: Brookfield, Wisconsin. Recipe published in Simple & Delicious November/December 2008.
Refrigerate: 8 Hours
Stand: 10 Minutes
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 8-ounce package(s) sliced mushrooms
- 1 bunch(es) green onions, sliced
- 2 teaspoon(s) canola oil
- 1 loaf(s) (1 pound) day old bread, cut into 3/4-inch cubes
- 1 cup(s) (4 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- 1 package(s) (1 pound) sliced bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 2 cup(s) (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 10-ounce package(s) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 9 eggs
- 3 cup(s) milk
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) each onion powder, garlic powder and ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) pepper
- • In a large skillet, saute mushrooms and onions in oil until tender. Place half of the bread cubes and 1/2 cup Swiss cheese in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Layer with bacon, cheddar cheese, mushroom mixture, spinach and remaining Swiss cheese and bread cubes.
- • In a large bowl, combine the eggs, milk and seasonings. Pour over casserole. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- • Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 45-55 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean (cover loosely with foil if top browns too quickly). Let stand for 10 minutes before cutting.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psfreeman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note