Bacon, Ranch, and Chicken Mac and Cheese
Community Recipe from
- 8 ounce(s) macaroni uncooked
- 1 slice(s) bacon
- 8 ounce(s) boneless, skinless chicken breast cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon(s) butter
- 1/2 tablespoon(s) corn starch
- 1 can(s) cream soup
- 3/4 cup(s) six-cheese Italian blend shredded
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) fresh dill chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1/2 cup(s) colby jack cheese shredded
- Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat; drain.
- Cook bacon in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat until crisp. Remove bacon from pan, reserving drippings in pan. Finely chop bacon; set aside. Increase heat to medium-high. Add chicken to drippings in pan; sauté 6 minutes or until done.
- Melt butter in a large saucepan over medium heat; sprinkle flour evenly into pan. Cook 2 minutes, stirring constantly with a whisk. Combine milk and soup, stirring with a whisk; gradually add milk mixture to saucepan, stirring with a whisk. Bring to a boil; cook 2 minutes or until thick. Remove from heat; let stand 4 minutes or until sauce cools to 155°. Add Italian cheese blend, onion powder, garlic powder, dill, and salt, stirring until cheese melts. Stir in pasta and chicken.
- Preheat broiler.
- Spoon mixture into an 8-inch square baking dish coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle evenly with reserved bacon and colby-Jack cheese. Broil 3 minutes or until cheese melts.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by ChristyR93 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Bacon, Ranch, and Chicken Mac and Cheese Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes