Bacon Quiche (green onions and apple juice)
Light and fluffy, this scrumptious quiche is ideal for breakfast or brunch but can also be served at dinnertime. Serve with a clump of chilled grapes or other fresh fruit on the side. From Colleen Belbey: Warwick, Rhode Island. Recipe published in Taste of Home June/July 2008.
Stand: 10 Minutes
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 sheet refrigerated pie pastry
- 1/4 cup(s) sliced green onions
- 1 tablespoon(s) butter
- 6 eggs
- 1 1/2 cup(s) heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup(s) unsweetened apple juice
- 1 pound(s) sliced bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1/8 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1/8 teaspoon(s) pepper
- 2 cup(s) (8 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- • Line a 9-in. pie plate with pastry; trim and flute edges. Set aside. In a small skillet, saute green onions in butter until tender.
- • In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, cream and juice. Stir in the bacon, salt, pepper and green onions. Pour into pastry; sprinkle with cheese.
- • Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand for 10 minutes before cutting.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psfreeman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note