Fantastic. Am going to try using crisp turkey bacon.
Bacon Potato Salad
More From Southern Living
Chill: 1 Hour
- 6 to 8 medium potatoes (about 3 pounds), peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1/2 pound bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 6 green onions, chopped
- 2 celery ribs, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons diced pimiento, drained
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- Garnishes: paprika, celery sticks
- Cook potatoes in boiling water to cover in a Dutch oven over medium heat 15 to 18 minutes or until tender. Drain and let cool slightly.
- Place potatoes in a large bowl. Add bacon, chopped green onions, and next 4 ingredients. Stir together mayonnaise and sour cream until blended. Pour over potato mixture, tossing gently to coat. Cover and chill at least 1 hour. Garnish, if desired.
Round white potatoes work well in this recipe. To lighten, use light mayonnaise and sour cream. To make ahead, peel and cut potatoes the night before, cover with water, and chill.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note