Bacon, Pear & Gorgonzola Pizza
If you don't want to make your own pizza dough, go ahead and use preparedor even a whole-wheat pita bread.
Resistant Starch: 1.6g
More From Health
Total: 35 Minutes
- Calories: 360
- Fat: 13g
- Saturated fat: 4.5g
- Monounsaturated fat: 3g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 4g
- Protein: 17g
- Carbohydrate: 46g
- Fiber: 7g
- Cholesterol: 24mg
- Sodium: 504mg
- 8 ounces store-bought pizza dough (or make your own with our recipe)
- 1/3 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1 pear, halved, cored, and thinly sliced
- 2 ounces Canadian bacon, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 2 tablespoons crumbled gorgonzola or other blue cheese
- 6 cups mixed greens, divided
- 2 cups broccoli florets, divided
- 6 tablespoons low-fat balsamic vinaigrette, divided
- 1. Preheat oven to 400°.
- 2. With a floured rolling pin, roll dough into a 12-inch circle; transfer to a 12-inch pizza stone or round baking pan. Bake at 400° for 57 minutes or until crust begins to puff.
- 3. While crust bakes, stir together ricotta cheese and honey. Remove crust from oven, and flip so bottom is now on top. Spread ricotta mixture evenly over crust. Top with 1/4 cup mozzarella, pear, Canadian bacon, and walnuts. Top with remaining 1/4 cup mozzarella and gorgonzola.
- 4. Return pizza to oven; bake an additional 15 minutes until cheese is melted and bubbly. Allow pizza to set before slicing into 8 pieces.
- 5. While pizza bakes, assemble side salads, using 1 1/2 cups greens, 1/2 cup broccoli, and 1 1/2 tablespoons dressing per serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note