These are the BEST TRUFFLES EVER. The sweet/salty combo is to die for. Made them twice, once for a party and once for my husband--they didn't last long either time! Made them with turkey bacon the second time, which was delicious!
Photo: Jennifer Davick; Styling: Lydia DeGaris Pursell
Your dreams have come true – candy that’s made with sweetened peanut butter and bacon and then dipped in chocolate. Oh, my.
Yield: Makes about 2 dozen
More From Southern Living
- 2 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup honey-roasted peanuts
- 8 thick bacon slices, cooked and divided
- 1/3 cup creamy peanut butter
- Parchment paper
- 6 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 1. Process first 3 ingredients and 6 bacon slices in a food processor 20 to 30 seconds or until finely ground. Stir together bacon mixture and peanut butter in a small bowl until smooth. Cover and chill 2 hours.
- 2. Shape rounded teaspoonfuls of bacon mixture into 3/4-inch balls. Place on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet; chill 1 hour.
- 3. Chop remaining 2 bacon slices. Microwave chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl at HIGH 1 to 1 1/2 minutes or until melted and smooth, stirring at 30-second intervals. Dip chilled bacon balls into chocolate. Place on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet. Immediately sprinkle tops with bacon. Chill 30 minutes before serving. Store in an airtight container in refrigerator up to 2 weeks.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Candy