Relatively quick and easy with good flavor
Yield: Makes 4 servings
- 8 bacon slices, cooked and crumbled
- 1 1/2 cups soft breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh Italian parsley
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 large eggs
- 4 (5- to 6-ounce) tilapia fillets
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- 4 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- Garnish: lemon wedges
- Combine first 4 ingredients in a shallow dish. Set aside.
- Place flour in a shallow dish. Whisk eggs in a medium bowl. Sprinkle fish with salt and pepper, and dredge in flour. Shake off excess, dip fish into egg, and press gently into breadcrumb mixture.
- Heat 2 tablespoons butter and 2 tablespoons oil in a large heavy skillet over medium heat until butter melts. Add 2 fish fillets; cook 3 minutes on each side or until golden. Repeat with remaining butter, oil, and fish. Garnish, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes