- 8 bacon slices, cooked and crumbled
- 1 1/2 cups soft breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh Italian parsley
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 large eggs
- 4 (5- to 6-ounce) tilapia fillets
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- 4 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- Garnish: lemon wedges
How to Make It
Combine first 4 ingredients in a shallow dish. Set aside.
Place flour in a shallow dish. Whisk eggs in a medium bowl. Sprinkle fish with salt and pepper, and dredge in flour. Shake off excess, dip fish into egg, and press gently into breadcrumb mixture.
Heat 2 tablespoons butter and 2 tablespoons oil in a large heavy skillet over medium heat until butter melts. Add 2 fish fillets; cook 3 minutes on each side or until golden. Repeat with remaining butter, oil, and fish. Garnish, if desired.