- 2 1/2 cups (10 oz.) freshly shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon half-and-half
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 cooked and crumbled applewood-smoked bacon slices
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon ground red pepper
How to Make It
Preheat oven to 350°.
Beat cheese, butter, half-and-half, and salt at medium speed with a heavy-duty electric stand mixer until blended. Gradually add flour, bacon, paprika, and ground red pepper, beating just until combined.
Turn out onto a well-floured surface. Divide into 2 equal portions; flatten each into a square. Roll out each square to 1/8-inch thickness. Cut into 2 1/2- x 3/4-inch strips, using a fluted pastry wheel. Place 1 inch apart on parchment paper-lined baking sheets. Bake 15 to 20 minutes or until golden; cool on baking sheets on wire racks 30 minutes.