Bacon and Onion Swiss Chard
More From Oxmoor House
Amount per serving
- Calories: 55
- Fat: 2.4g
- Saturated fat: 0.8g
- Protein: 3.5g
- Carbohydrate: 5.7g
- Cholesterol: 4mg
- Iron: 2.1mg
- Sodium: 415mg
- Calories from fat: 37%
- Fiber: 2.1g
- Calcium: 57mg
- 3/4 pound trimmed Swiss chard
- 3 bacon slices, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/3 cup chopped Vidalia or other sweet onion
- 1/4 cup fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Thinly slice chard; coarsely chop leaves. Toss together; set aside.
- Cook bacon in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat for 3 minutes. Add garlic and onion; cook 2 minutes or until tender, stirring frequently.
- Add 1/2 of chard and all of broth to pan. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 2 minutes or until chard wilts. Repeat procedure with remaining chard.
- Simmer, uncovered, 5 minutes or until chard is tender, stirring occasionally. Stir in vinegar, salt, and pepper. Cook until thoroughly heated.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Side Dishes/Vegetables