- 3/4 pound trimmed Swiss chard
- 3 bacon slices, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/3 cup chopped Vidalia or other sweet onion
- 1/4 cup fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- calories 55
- fat 2.4 g
- satfat 0.8 g
- protein 3.5 g
- carbohydrate 5.7 g
- cholesterol 4 mg
- iron 2.1 mg
- sodium 415 mg
- caloriesfromfat 37 %
- fiber 2.1 g
- calcium 57 mg
How to Make It
Thinly slice chard; coarsely chop leaves. Toss together; set aside.
Cook bacon in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat for 3 minutes. Add garlic and onion; cook 2 minutes or until tender, stirring frequently.
Add 1/2 of chard and all of broth to pan. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 2 minutes or until chard wilts. Repeat procedure with remaining chard.
Simmer, uncovered, 5 minutes or until chard is tender, stirring occasionally. Stir in vinegar, salt, and pepper. Cook until thoroughly heated.