I have made this twice. Last night with the French Bread dough and once with the pizza dough in the can because I couldn't find the French bread. The pizza dough was definitely easier to work with than the French bread but the French bread dough turned out thinner and crispier. I love the flavor combo of the toppings and it made for a quick and easy weeknight meal. I did not miss having sauce either.
Bacon, Onion, and Mushroom Pizza
The refrigerated French bread dough used as the crust is quick, but it's also delicate. To work with it, find the seam in the dough and carefully unroll.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 244
- Fat: 9.7g
- Saturated fat: 3.9g
- Monounsaturated fat: 3.4g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.7g
- Protein: 11.1g
- Carbohydrate: 30.8g
- Fiber: 1.7g
- Cholesterol: 20mg
- Iron: 2mg
- Sodium: 488mg
- Calcium: 120mg
- 1 (11-ounce) can refrigerated French bread dough
- 2 teaspoons yellow cornmeal
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, divided
- 2 cups vertically sliced onion (about 2 small)
- 1 (8-ounce) package presliced cremini mushrooms
- 3/4 cup (3 ounces) shredded white cheddar cheese
- 6 bacon slices, cooked and coarsely crumbled
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1. Find lengthwise seam in dough. Beginning at seam, gently unroll dough into a rectangle on a lightly floured surface. Stretch dough into a 12-inch circle on a lightly floured surface; transfer to a round pizza pan or large baking sheet sprinkled with cornmeal.
- 2. Preheat oven to 425°.
- 3. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add olive oil to pan; swirl to coat. Add onion; sauté 8 minutes, stirring occasionally. Place chopped onion in a bowl. Add cremini mushrooms to pan; sauté 8 minutes or until liquid almost evaporates. Add mushrooms to onion mixture; toss. Spread onion mixture evenly over prepared dough, leaving a 1/4-inch border. Sprinkle evenly with white cheddar cheese and bacon. Bake at 425° for 15 minutes or until crust is lightly browned. Sprinkle with parsley. Cut into 12 wedges.
This updated version of Bacon, Onion, and Mushroom Pizza is based on a recipe that originally ran in Cooking Light, October 2009. The recipe was retested and updated for Cooking Light Crave!, Oxmoor House, 2013.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note