- 1 (11-ounce) can refrigerated French bread dough
- 2 teaspoons yellow cornmeal
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, divided
- 2 cups vertically sliced onion (about 2 small)
- 1 (8-ounce) package presliced cremini mushrooms
- 3/4 cup (3 ounces) shredded white cheddar cheese
- 6 bacon slices, cooked and coarsely crumbled
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- calories 244
- fat 9.7 g
- satfat 3.9 g
- monofat 3.4 g
- polyfat 0.7 g
- protein 11.1 g
- carbohydrate 30.8 g
- fiber 1.7 g
- cholesterol 20 mg
- iron 2 mg
- sodium 488 mg
- calcium 120 mg
How to Make It
Find lengthwise seam in dough. Beginning at seam, gently unroll dough into a rectangle on a lightly floured surface. Stretch dough into a 12-inch circle on a lightly floured surface; transfer to a round pizza pan or large baking sheet sprinkled with cornmeal.
Preheat oven to 425°.
Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add olive oil to pan; swirl to coat. Add onion; sauté 8 minutes, stirring occasionally. Place chopped onion in a bowl. Add cremini mushrooms to pan; sauté 8 minutes or until liquid almost evaporates. Add mushrooms to onion mixture; toss. Spread onion mixture evenly over prepared dough, leaving a 1/4-inch border. Sprinkle evenly with white cheddar cheese and bacon. Bake at 425° for 15 minutes or until crust is lightly browned. Sprinkle with parsley. Cut into 12 wedges.
This updated version of Bacon, Onion, and Mushroom Pizza is based on a recipe that originally ran in Cooking Light, October 2009. The recipe was retested and updated for Cooking Light Crave!, Oxmoor House, 2013.