- 6 ounces PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese, softened
- 1 1/2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley or 1 1/2 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- 3/4 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2/3 cup shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 5 large eggs, beaten
- 1 (17.3-ounce) can refrigerated jumbo flaky biscuits
- 8 hormel Black Label Bacon Slices, cooked and crumbled
- All Natural PAM Original Cooking Spray
- 1 egg white, lightly beaten
- 1 to 2 teaspoons sesame seeds (optional)
- Assorted fresh fruit (optional)
How to Make It
Preheat oven to 375°.
Stir together first 4 ingredients in a medium bowl until blended; stir in cheese.
Melt butter in a 9-inch skillet over medium heat; add eggs, and cook, without stirring, until eggs begin to set on bottom. Draw a spatula across bottom of skillet to form large curds. Continue cooking until eggs are slightly thickened but still moist. (Do not stir constantly.) Remove from heat, and let cool.
Flatten each biscuit into about a 5-inch circle. Spread cream cheese mixture evenly over tops of dough circles, leaving 1/2-inch border around edge. Top evenly with scrambled eggs and bacon.
Fold dough circles in half over mixture, pinching edges to seal; place, 2 inches apart, in a 15- x 10-inch jellyroll pan coated with cooking spray. Brush tops evenly with egg white; press sealed edges with tines of a fork. Sprinkle with sesame seeds, if desired.
Bake at 375° for 14 to 16 minutes or until golden brown. Remove empanadas to wire rack, using a spatula. Serve warm and, if desired, with fresh fruit.
Note: Store leftover empanadas, completely cooled, in zip-top plastic bags or wrapped in plastic wrap in refrigerator. To reheat, wrap empanadas in paper towels and microwave at MEDIUM (50% power) for 1 to 2 minutes or until thoroughly heated.