It's a decent recipe, but I think with some tinkering it could be even better.
Bacon and Mushroom Pasta
More From Oxmoor House
Amount per serving
- Calories: 225
- Calories from fat: 22%
- Fat: 5.6g
- Saturated fat: 2g
- Protein: 9.3g
- Carbohydrate: 32.7g
- Fiber: 2.7g
- Cholesterol: 9mg
- Iron: 0.8mg
- Sodium: 736mg
- Calcium: 87mg
- 4 center-cut bacon slices
- 1 medium onion, halved lengthwise and thinly sliced crosswise
- 1 (8-ounce) package presliced fresh baby portobello mushrooms
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can diced tomatoes with roasted garlic, undrained
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chopped fresh oregano
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 (9-ounce) package fresh fettuccine
- 1/4 cup grated fresh Parmesan cheese
- 1. Cook bacon in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat until crisp. Remove bacon from pan, reserving 1 tablespoon drippings in pan. Crumble bacon, and set aside.
- 2. Add onion to drippings in pan; sauté 3 minutes. Add mushrooms and garlic; sauté 4 minutes. Add tomatoes and next 4 ingredients; bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer 5 minutes.
- 3. While vegetable mixture simmers, cook fettuccine according to package directions, omitting salt and fat. Drain and add fettuccine to vegetable mixture; toss well. Sprinkle pasta and vegetables with crumbled bacon and Parmesan cheese.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This