- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- 1/8 teaspoon hot sauce
- 2 (15-ounce) cans mandarin oranges, drained and chilled*
- 1 bunch Red Leaf lettuce, torn
- 1 head romaine lettuce, torn
- 1 (16-ounce) package bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 (4-ounce) package sliced almonds, toasted
How to Make It
Whisk together first 5 ingredients in a large bowl, blending well. Add oranges and lettuces, tossing gently to coat. Sprinkle with crumbled bacon and sliced almonds. Serve immediately.
*Fresh orange segments may be substituted for canned mandarin oranges, if desired.