bacon mac and cheese
Community Recipe from
- 2 cup(s) uncooked macaroni
- 1/4 pound(s) bacon
- 3 tablespoon(s) flour
- 2 tablespoon(s) butter
- 1 cup(s) evaporated milk
- 1 teaspoon(s) worcestershire sauce
- 1 1/12 cup(s) cheddar
- Cook macaroni in boiling salted water as package directs. Drain the cooking liquid into a 2 cup measure. If necessary, add more water to make 2 cups. Fry bacon; remove to paper towels to drain. Drain off all but 1 tablespoon of bacon fat; add 2 tablespoons butter. Stir in flour. Slowly stir in evaporated milk and 2 cups water. Stirring constantly, bring mixture to the boiling point; season with salt, pepper, Worcestershire sauce, and onion. Add cheese and continue to heat over low heat until cheese is melted. Add cooked macaroni; mix well. Serve with crumbled bacon on top.
- Macaroni and cheese recipe serves 4.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by LizChapman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
bacon mac and cheese Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Side Dishes/Vegetables