Community Recipe from
- 3 1/4 teaspoon(s) salt, divided
- 12 ounce(s) strozzapreti or penne pasta
- 4 teaspoon(s) all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cup(s) skim milk divided
- 2 cup(s) sharp chedder cheese finely shredded & divided
- 1/4 cup(s) green onions sliced
- 1 teaspoon(s) hot sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) pepper
- 2 slice(s) center-cut bacon cooked and crumbled
- cooking spray
- 1. Preheat broiler.
- 2. Bring 6 quarts water and 1 tbl salt to a boil. Add pasta; cook 8 mins or until al dente; drain.
- 3. Combine flour and 1/2 cup milk in a sauce pan over med heat. Gradually add 1 cup milk; bring to a boil. Cook 1 min, stirring constantly. Remove from heat; let stand 4 mins or until ot cools to 155 degrees. Stir in 1 1/2 cups cheese. Add 1/4 tsp salt, onions, hot sauce, pepper, and bacon; stire. Add pasta; toss. Spoon into a 2 quart broiler-safe dish coated with cooking spray; top with 12 cup cheese. Broil 7 mins.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by LMStone61 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Bacon Mac Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Side Dishes/Vegetables
More Recipes for Main Dishes