Bacon. Lettuce, Tomato & Watermelon Salad
Craving a BLT but worried it's not healthy? Try this salad version to bump up nitrition without compromising taste.
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 12 strip(s) Bacon cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 head(s) romaine lettuce chopped
- 3 cup(s) watermelon diced
- 1 1/2 cup(s) yellow cherry tomatoes halved
- 2 cup(s) French bread cubed
- 2 tablespoon(s) bacon drippings or extra virgen olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) black pepper
- Cook bacon in a large skillet until crisp; remove to a paper-towel-lined plate. reserve bacon drippings.
- Combine bread cubes and 2 Tbsp. reserved bacon drippings for the croutons in a bowl, stirring to coat bread with drippings. Saute bread cubes in a nonstick skillet over medium low heat until browned, 8-10 mins, stirring frequently. If croutons are too dry, add another 1 Tbsp. drippings as needed. Season croutons with salt and pepper.
- Divide lettuce among 4 plates. Top each salad with some of the bacon, watermelon, and tomatoes. Garnish with croutons and serve with Parmesan Black Pepper Dressing
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Chrispalma46 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Bacon. Lettuce, Tomato & Watermelon Salad Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Salads