Yield: 4 to 6 servings
- 1 (16-ounce) bottle vinaigrette
- 1/3 cup lime juice
- 8 ounces mozzarella cheese, cut into 1/4-inch-thick slices
- 1 (16-ounce) unsliced French or Italian bread loaf
- 1 large head Bibb lettuce
- 6 plum tomatoes, cut into 1/4-inch-thick slices
- 12 thick bacon slices, cut into thirds and cooked
- Stir together vinaigrette and lime juice. Place cheese slices in a 13- x 9-inch baking dish; drizzle with 1 cup vinaigrette mixture, and set remaining vinaigrette mixture aside. Let cheese stand 20 minutes.
- Slice top one-fourth off bread loaf. Scoop out bread, leaving a 1-inch-thick shell. (Reserve top and center for other uses.) Place shell on a baking sheet, and brush inside evenly with 1/2 cup vinaigrette mixture.
- Bake at 400° for 12 to 15 minutes or until golden; cool. Line bread bowl with lettuce. Fill with tomato and cheese; top with bacon. Serve with remaining vinaigrette mixture.
- Note: For vinaigrette, we used Paul Newman's olive oil vinaigrette.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes