BACON, LEEK, AND CHEDDAR MINI QUICHES
Community Recipe from
- 3/4 pound(s) Bacon Medium diced
- 3 cup(s) Leeks Rinsed, drained, medium diced
- 1 1/4 cup(s) half-and-half
- 4 ounce(s) cheddar cheese Grated
- 2 Eggs, large
- 2 Egg yokes, large
- 2 tablespoon(s) Fresh thyme Chopped
- 1 teaspoon(s) Kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) Pepper Freshly ground
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) Nutmeg Ground
- cooking spray
- 2 box(es) Puff pastry
- Adapted from Fine Cooking
- Makes 48 mini quiches
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F and place two racks, one in the upper and one in the lower third of the oven.
- In a large skillet, fry the bacon until crispy. Drain on paper towels.
- Pour off all but 2 T of the bacon drippings, and sauté the leeks in the same pan until softened, about 5 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- Mix the half and half, cheddar, eggs, egg yolks, thyme, salt, pepper, and nutmeg in a medium bowl.
- Spray two 24 cup mini muffin tins with cooking spray.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll the puff pastry out to about 10 inches by 18 inches.
- Using a 3 inch circle cookie cutter, cut the pastry and place each one into the cups of the muffin tins.
- Mix the bacon and leeks and evenly distribute the mixture into the 48 cups.
- Evenly distribute the egg mixture into the cups.
- Bake for 20 minutes, switching the positions of the muffin tins halfway through.
- Cook in the muffin tins for about 5 minutes, and then turn out onto cooling racks.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Dallaskings and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes