BACON, LEEK, AND CHEDDAR MINI QUICHES
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 3/4 pound(s) Bacon Medium diced
- 3 cup(s) Leeks Rinsed, drained, medium diced
- 1 1/4 cup(s) half-and-half
- 4 ounce(s) cheddar cheese Grated
- 2 Eggs, large
- 2 Egg yokes, large
- 2 tablespoon(s) Fresh thyme Chopped
- 1 teaspoon(s) Kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) Pepper Freshly ground
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) Nutmeg Ground
- cooking spray
- 2 box(es) Puff pastry
- Adapted from Fine Cooking
- Makes 48 mini quiches
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F and place two racks, one in the upper and one in the lower third of the oven.
- In a large skillet, fry the bacon until crispy. Drain on paper towels.
- Pour off all but 2 T of the bacon drippings, and sauté the leeks in the same pan until softened, about 5 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- Mix the half and half, cheddar, eggs, egg yolks, thyme, salt, pepper, and nutmeg in a medium bowl.
- Spray two 24 cup mini muffin tins with cooking spray.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll the puff pastry out to about 10 inches by 18 inches.
- Using a 3 inch circle cookie cutter, cut the pastry and place each one into the cups of the muffin tins.
- Mix the bacon and leeks and evenly distribute the mixture into the 48 cups.
- Evenly distribute the egg mixture into the cups.
- Bake for 20 minutes, switching the positions of the muffin tins halfway through.
- Cook in the muffin tins for about 5 minutes, and then turn out onto cooling racks.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Dallaskings and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note