Bacon Jalapeno Stuffed Mushrooms
Give your stuffed mushroom appetizer a makeover with a little kick and a dab of tart-sweet cherry to contrast with salty bacon. From Elizabeth Hernandez, Prepared Foods, Willowbrook, Illinois. Recipe from the Whole Foods Market website: http://www.wholefoodsmarket.com/recipes/3119
- 6 slice(s) bacon
- 24 medium white/button or cremini mushrooms, stems removed and retained
- 1 yellow onion, finely chopped
- 1 fresh jalapeÃ±o pepper, finely chopped (seeded, if desired)
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) fine sea salt
- 2 tablespoon(s) finely chopped parsley
- 3 tablespoon(s) Dalmatia Sour Cherry Spread
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Fry bacon in a large skillet over medium heat until crisp, 7 to 9 minutes. Transfer to a paper-towel-lined plate, cool and finely chop. Discard all but 2 teaspoons grease from skillet; return to medium heat, add mushroom stems, onion, jalapeño and salt. Cook, stirring occasionally, until very dry and lightly browned, about 8 minutes. Transfer to a food processor and pulse just until chopped. Add bacon and parsley; pulse until combined. Spoon some of the mixture into each mushroom cap, top with 1/4 teaspoon sour cherry spread and arrange on a large baking sheet. Bake until mushrooms are tender and lightly browned, 20 to 25 minutes. Let cool slightly. Serve warm or at room temperature.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psfreeman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note