Fresh herbs, bacon, and a trio of flavorful cheeses - cream cheese, brie, and cheddar - adds sophisticated flavors to traditional macaroni and cheese.
Sunset MARCH 2009
1. Preheat oven to broil. Cook macaroni according to package directions. Drain.
2. Meanwhile, fry bacon until crisp, about 5 minutes, then drain on paper towels, reserving 1 tbsp. grease. Set bacon aside.
3. In the warm pasta pot, mix reserved grease, 2 tbsp. butter, the herbs, onions, garlic, and soft cheeses. Mix in warm pasta and bacon. Spoon into 4 ramekins (1 1/2-cup size); sprinkle with cheddar cheese.
4. In a small bowl, combine remaining 1 tbsp. butter and the bread crumbs, stirring to combine. Sprinkle evenly over cheese.
5. Broil ramekins until golden and bubbling, about 3 minutes.
Note: Nutritional analysis is per serving.
Go to Full Version of