Try these as a perfect companion to a cocktail. Test Kitchen Specialist Marian Cooper Cairns likes to use a combination of parsley, thyme, and oregano, but sage, rosemary, basil, and chives will work just as well. Using a small cookie dough scoop for the batter gives the baked cupcakes a pretty round top.
More From Southern Living
1 Hour, 21 Minutes
- 1 1/2 cups sour cream
- 1/2 cup cooked, finely crumbled bacon
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 1/4 cup finely chopped assorted fresh herbs
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups self-rising flour
- 6 ounces cream cheese, softened
- Garnishes: assorted fresh herbs, cooked and crumbled bacon
- 1. Preheat oven to 375°. Stir together first 6 ingredients. Stir in flour until blended. (Mixture will be thick.) Spoon batter into lightly greased miniature muffin pans, filling completely full.
- 2. Bake at 375° for 26 to 28 minutes or until golden brown. Remove cupcakes from pans to a wire rack, and cool completely (about 30 minutes). Spread or pipe tops of cupcakes with cream cheese. Garnish, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note